Saturday, September 12, 2009

Welcoming Autumn

Autumn (and winter) are going to come whether I get my shit together and welcome them or not. Yes, I am dreading the loss of sunlight and outside time and, omg, beach weather but the seasons change and these things must ebb and flow and the best I can do is lean into the wind and enjoy the lusciousness of harvest time.

So!

There's an awesome thread over at mdc about making Autumn Altars. Perfect! This gives me an opportunity to declutter, go through the harvest decor, get creative and focus on the things I love about Autumn. Tonight I decorated a couple of white pillar candles for the space. Here they are, with my bewbs for background:

Photo 67

Tomorrow I plan to declutter the altar spaces in the kitchen and living room and set up seasonal altars. I'll pull out the harvest decorations and get them sorted. I will only keep and display what I love. The rest I will box up and bring to my coworker who works at a domestic violence shelter during the day. She helps set women up in apartments. Many of the women there have no holiday decorations, since they often left with nothing but their children and whatever clothes they could grab.

I also made a Wecoming Autumn playlist. It's a work in progress.

I want to get a month of menus going so as we start all the extra curricular stuff, we'll have something to count on each night. This is such a wonderful time of year for cooking and eating! Sweet potatoes and squash and stews and baked macaroni & cheese and roasted root vegetables. Yum!

Money troubles should be easing up very shortly. I have faith that we can put some of that anxiety away for a bit.

Oh, the dude just brought me a pumpkin martini. Goddess Bless Autumn.

0 comments:

 

Latest Blog Tricks

Powered By Blogger
Powered By Blogger

Easy Blog Tricks

Powered By Blogger

Great Morning ©  Copyright by Joy~Bliss~Love~Magick | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks