Sunday, October 11, 2009

Uh oh

It occurred to me today that I am already slipping into early stages of my own personal version of seasonal depression.

I am avoiding:
~phone calls (from creditors, but also from friends, family and my homeschool volunteer work)
~working on my social calendar
~talking to my friends, in person and on the phone
~talking to my mother
~making medical appointments
~sorting the mail

Fuuuuuck.

We are also broke as all hell, yet again. Ugh, it's like treading water. Rob and I had a rare (lately) alone outing to Target today with a very strict (as in, the last of the money in the checking acct until Thursday) food budget. We did well---we won't starve. But kitty really needs to get to the vet and the money simply isn't there. My mother very sweetly handed me $100 last week for vet care and I spent it on gas and food last week. :( I'm so ashamed---this is why I am not taking her calls.

Ick, blech, blah.

Ok, things I am still doing well:
~homeschool planning. Our academic work is going really well actually and I'm really enjoying it.
~housework. The house is in pretty good shape, for the most part. I've never been much of a housecleaner but with the exception of the paperwork/bills, I'm staying on top of things.
~cooking. Lack of $$ I guess contributes. We are buying nutrient-rich foods that take some time and effort to prep. This is good all around, really.
~working. My job is at least a few hours where I can go and not feel like "omg, I should be doing XYZ!!!!!!"

Sigh.

0 comments:

 

Latest Blog Tricks

Powered By Blogger
Powered By Blogger

Easy Blog Tricks

Powered By Blogger

Great Morning ©  Copyright by Joy~Bliss~Love~Magick | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks